Saturday, July 12, 2014

Update

Whoa.

It was never my intention to abandon the blog for seven months, so you have my apologies.

We attended our fourth farmer's market today in Wichita and nearly sold out of everything.  I can't tell you what a glorious feeling it is to know that not only do we grow great food, but we are able to share it with others.  We even sold around 8 bushels of sweet corn (non-GMO, herbicide and pesticide free) that was grown by one of James' students.

Life is busy as we valiantly struggle against weeds and squash bugs in our garden.  The zucchini will be done in the next two weeks, if I'm right, as the squash bugs are multiplying quickly despite squishing and stomping.  Meanwhile, our beautiful lemon squash is apparently abhorrent to squash bugs, as it remains untouched one row over.

I'll write more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment